(I-BusinessNews.Com, February 18, 2015 ) Southgate, MI – Locally based locksmith service Sweet Mulberry Locksmith shares ten (10) pointers homeowners can do in protecting their residence. “Anyone who has experienced being burglarized will always feel the trauma,” shares the Southgate based service provider. “The lesson teaches them to be extra careful, giving them better consciousness when it comes to security. However, at some point, families cease to feel safe, and that’s truly saddening.”
The company shares practical tips on proofing one’s home against potential burglars. This tip is especially for homeowners who will be away for a long time, especially this winter.
1. Make sure the letters and flyers won’t accumulate on the doorstep. This is one sign that there’s nobody in the house, alerting trespassers to make it a target.
2. Avoid hiding keys outside. Putting these objects under the door mat or a flower pot is like handing it to the thieves. “Use good locks and hide your keys in the safest place, as much as possible, nowhere in the house,” shares the Southgate locksmith service. “If you tend to forget your keys, you can always ask for the help of a locksmith.”
3. Install better locks. Weak, malfunctioning locks can be a good break-in point, even if the trespassers do not have the keys.
4. Add alarms. Noise tends to disrupt the balance of the burglars, and adding good alarm systems in the home is one way of safeguarding the property.
5. Use a house sitter. “Having someone you trust guard the house while you’re gone can be helpful,” shares Sweet Mulberry Locksmith. “Make sure that it’s a person who is responsible in looking after your belongings rather than abuse it.”
6. Install sensor lights. “These lights brighten up whenever someone steps into the perimeters. It’s another type of alarm that wards off potential thieves.”
7. Limit photo sharing. Social media can be one of the giveaways that nobody is at home. At best, one should choose whom to share their stories and photos with and keep it less public.
8. Clear the garage. “Don’t let anyone use your tools in breaking in your home,” shares the locksmith service. “Clean up, clear it out, and hide away your tools.”
9. Fortify the windows and doors. Adding more locks on these entryways can secure the home from break-ins.
10. Rekey the locks. In case the home has been broken into, or there have been many people who have copies of the keys in the past, having the locks rekeyed is a homeowner’s best option in protecting their home.
About Southgate Locksmith Service: Sweet Mulberry Locksmith is a locksmith service company in Southgate. The company likes to help people in need of help, especially with emergency services. The company realizes that security is important, but that same security can be really stressful when it prevents the rightful owner from proper entry.
Sweet Mulberry Locksmith provides service for people in Southgate, Trenton, Wyandotte, Riverview, Taylor MI, Allen Park, Dearborn, Dearborn Hts, and the surrounding Metro Detroit Area. For more information, contact them at (734) 259-2369 or visit http://SouthgateLocksmithService.blogspot.com.
We are pleased to offer you this exciting, new, and entirely free professional resource. Visit our Free Industry resource center today to browse our selection of 600+ complimentary Industry magazines, white papers, webinars, podcasts, and more. Get popular titles including: